Full spectrum CBD is considered a whole plant formula. It’s derived from the flowers and leaves of the hemp plant. It contains high amounts CBD and trace amounts of other cannabinoids, including THC, along with other elements of the hemp plant including naturally-occurring terpenes, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and proteins. These compounds work together to create what is known as the “entourage effect”. This phenomenon refers to the way in which cannabinoids work together to become more effective.
Full spectrum CBD oil tinctures, unless flavored, will taste and smell like the cannabis plant which is described as earthy and grassy.
Full Spectrum CBD key information
- It’s created through full plant extraction
- It tastes and smells like cannabis — earthy and grassy
- It contains trace amounts of other cannabinoids including <0.3% THC
- It’s high in antioxidants and fatty acids
Full spectrum products are best for
- People who are not drug tested (ingestible products)
- People who want the full plant benefits as they naturally occur
- If drug testing is not a concern, it’s best to try both full-spectrum and isolate products to see what works better for you