December 9, 2019
10 Things to Know About CBD
- Hemp is a variety of cannabis that is high in CBD and low in THC.
- CBD is a naturally-occurring substance that comes from the cannabis plant. It is one of more than 100 cannabinoids. CBD demonstrates positive physiological effects without intoxication and will not get you high.
- The human body has an endocannabinoid system with CB1 and CB2 receptors located throughout the body. CBD interacts with those receptors to bring the body into balance.
- When you take CBD sublingually, it’s best to let it sit under your tongue for 30-60 seconds to allow it time to absorb into your blood stream.
- CBD has a wide array of benefits. As a brand, we can’t talk about most of the benefits because the FDA considers words like “pain” and “inflammation” to be medical claims. It’s up to the consumer to seek information and studies if they want a deeper understanding of CBD.
- When applied topically, CBD products can relax fatigued muscles, reduce swelling, speed up healing and nourish and soothe the skin. CBD is amazing but it can’t fix a broken leg or give you wings.
- When purchasing CBD products, it’s important to buy them from reputable and transparent companies. Always look for lab reports.
- You are allowed to fly domestically in the USA with CBD. Our BLNCD products are sold at the MSP airport.
- CBD has catalyzed the rebirth of the U.S. hemp industry, which lay dormant for decades because of drug war politics.
- If you love hemp and CBD products, get involved, make your voice heard, and let your lawmakers and regulators know. Lawmakers don’t understand the cannabis industry and we need to advocate for reasonable regulation.